Despite all the bad things like traffic, there are still good reasons to live in LA. For example: Having enough electricity to run Christmas lights, unlike those poor people in Northern California. How is it possible that in the year 2000, we are running out of electricity? I think it is all a load of crap. They just don’t want to admit to inadequate planning.
The brother-unit sends along this e-mail about the wonderful uses of Coca Cola:
1. In many states, the highway patrol carries two gallons of Coke in the
car to remove blood from the highway after a car accident.
2. You can put a t-bone steak in a bowl of coke and it will totally
dissolve the steak in two days.
3. To clean a toilet, pour a can of Coke into the toilet and let the “real
thing” sit for one hour, then flush clean.
4. The citric acid in Coke removes stains from vitreous china.
5. To remove rust spots from chrome car bumpers, rub the bumper with a
crumpled-up piece of aluminum foil dipped in Coke.
6. To clean corrosion from car battery terminals, pour a can of Coke over
the terminals to bubble away the corrosion.
7. To loosen a rusted bolt, apply a cloth soaked in Coke to the rusted
bolt for several minutes.
8. To bake a moist ham, empty a can of Coke into the baking pan, then wrap
the ham in aluminum foil, and bake. Thirty minutes before the ham is
finished, remove the foil, allowing the
drippings to mix with the Coke for a sumptuous brown gravy.
9. To remove grease from clothes, empty a can of coke into a load of
greasy clothes, add detergent, and run through a regular cycle. The Coke
will help loosen grease stains. It will also clean road haze from your